This rich chocolate mousse is ready in minutes and can be dressed up with strawberries for a quick weeknight Valentines Day dessert. It’s also gluten and dairy free!
Time: 10 minutes
- 2 (13.7oz) can of full fat coconut milk refrigerated overnight
- 3 Tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 4 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt or less depending on your taste
- 1-2 squares baking chocolate at least 70% cocoa
- Garnish (shaved chocolate, strawberries, mint, cherries, etc,)
- Placed unopened cans of coconut milk in fridge overnight or for a full day. Don’t shake the cans and open carefully. Scoop out the thick cream into a mixer bowl being careful to not splash the coconut water below the cream all over you and down your kitchen cabinets…….it makes a mess! Use the left over liquid for baking, smoothies or just discard.
- In mixer bowl with whisk attachment (hand mixer works too) place coconut cream and sugar. Whip until thick and creamy, about 1 minutes. Then add vanilla extract whip again for another minute.
- Fold in cocoa powder and salt. Then whip again for another minute. You should have a nice light fluffy mousse.
- Shave baking chocolate and fold into mousse. Spoon into your favorite dish or glass and garnish. I did a middle layer of fresh strawberries. If your mousse is not set enough you can place in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
I love using wine glasses for more than just wine. They are actually my go to dessert glass. If you love this Montana Wine glass and want to get your own multi use glass you can get one here