Have you ever made something for dinner with ingredients that you know your husband doesn’t like? I have…..I actually do it all the time shhhh don’t tell him! I love my husband so much but he is very picky about food. No nuts, no coconut, very limited veggie, etc. I’ve been on a strict diet as I’ve been trying to lose weight and make sure my efforts at the gym are mirroring my efforts at home. As my trainer Lacey says “Abs are made in the kitchen!” So I came up with this healthy version of breaded chicken strips that my husband loves but he doesn’t know what’s even in it, ha win for me! This recipe is very quick to make on a week night and multiple sides go well with it. Try it out let me know what you think.
This post contains affiliated link please read disclosure at the bottom of page.
Paleo Chicken Strips
Time Total: 35 minutes
- 1 c. Almond Flour I use Blue Diamond Almond Flour, 3 Pound
- 1/4 c. Golden Flax Seed Meal I use Bob’s Red Mill Raw Whole Golden Flaxseed, 24 Ounce (Pack of 4) (Package May Vary)
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Dried Parsley
- 1-2 Eggs (depends on how large the egg is)
- 2 Lbs Chicken Tenders or Cut Chicken Breasts
- Pre Heat Oven to 375 degrees
- Spray Cookie Sheet with Olive Oil set aside
- If using chicken breast cut chicken into 3-6″ long pieces about 1.5-2″ wide.
- In swallow dish whisk egg till combined
- In another swallow dish combine almond flour, golden flax seed meal, salt, pepper and parsley and stir until combined.
- Drip chicken tenders in egg then in almond flour mix until chicken is coated with mixture place on greased cookie sheet and continue till all chicken tenders are breaded.
- Bake chicken tenders for 10 minutes then flip and bake for another 10 minutes or until an internal temperature of 165 degrees. To get the chicken tenders crispy I switch my oven to broil and broil each side for 1-2 minutes YOU HAVE TO WATCH THEM CLOSELY or they will burn. You do not have to do this step but I like the added crispyness.
- Serve hot with BBQ sauce or your favorite dip.